Friday, February 20, 2009

The very rich hours of the Duke of Berry*



In a comment he left on my blog recently, my friend Don J wondered what the hell I was doing at work to come out with such nonsense.
In a way I thought his was a pertinent remark and I decided, in exclusivity, to share with you a day at the office with a French spy. So buckle up because I am not jacking around.

9am: a game of Rock-paper-scissors to decide which director we are going to take the piss out of today. Last time we counted, there were 12 of them so it takes a bit of time.

10:15 am: I google my true identity and fortunately my name does not pop up. My cover seems to be rock solid.

11am: meeting to play who’s the most badass. So far I am the all around champion with this sentence: ‘the last person who talked to me like that used to live across from the cemetery and now he lives across from his own house’ (a colleague of mine thought I was such a badass that we had to call an ambulance, she had a fit)

1pm: just like they do in 24 we sit behind our computers and look at each other suspiciously.


3pm: it’s a tad boring so we end up playing rummy.

5pm: if it looks like there is no imminent threat to the global peace in the world, I may go home where Madame Red, athirst for my company, is cooking dinner for me.

*Naturally the title has got nothing to do with anything but it’s a way for me to attract new readers as I suspect many people google this entry every day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I thought my life was exciting. I now know it has *nothing* on you. Sigh. Back to the drawing board.

red said...

i can't believe you said i cook! the cheek! and don't get me started on waiting athirstily....

Anonymous said...

So... did people google the title as much as you'd suspected?! Here's a hint; if you write a blog post with the words "Kelly Brook" in the tags, they just go crazy, the googlers!

The Major said...

NC: I guess there's always someone somewhere with a more exciting life than us

Red: I like the way you cook hummus

Rosemary: In fact I am sad to report that it did not work at all. Thanks for the tip anyway.

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Hi


One of my friends sends me an email telling me that I can sell some of used clothing on http://www.BuySellDirect.net FREE service and make money at home, tell know I made over one thousand dollar, and it is time to tell you, why you should use Ebay to sell your things when you can use http://www.BuySellDirect.net free.


http://www.BuySellDirect.net is the free ebay you need to sell your products FREE.