Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I don't feel like Italy anymore


It is time, I thought yesterday, that I left Italy. And not only because they keep beating us at football.

There are other reasons.

I don’t feel like hearing people screaming in the street anymore.
I don’t feel like being ripped off anymore.
I don’t feel like checking my change to make sure everything is there anymore.
I don’t feel like waiting for the bus not knowing if it will ever show up anymore.
I don’t feel like coping with their rudeness anymore.
I don’t feel like stumbling on their busted cobblestones anymore.
I don’t feel like hearing of their corrupt politicians anymore.

Yesterday, then, I thought of Zidane.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

Leave then. It seems nobody will miss you here, anyway.