Best fillum that talked about the difficulty of growing up as a hermaphrodite in Uruguay:
XXY, Lucia Puenzo
Album of the year which is not called Autumn of the Seraphs:
Graduation, Kanye West
Best song to go to work in the morning : Good morning, Kanye West
Best song to come back from work at night: Is there a ghost, Band of horses.
Top 3 crap films Mademoiselle Red lured me into watching:
- The Prestige
Top 3 Mademoiselle Red’s posts:
- Rites of passage
- On character flaws
- The problem with going out with a Frenchman
Top 3 football games :
- Liverpool-Marseille, Champion’s league: 0-1
- England-Croatia, Euro 2008 qualifier: 2-3
- Italy – France, Euro 2008 qualifier, 0-0: a fairly boring game but I was in San Siro with Don J, Geo Boun and Alexmar. Priceless.
Top 2 compliments I received:
- every morning as i’m getting ready to go to work, a half-asleep Mademoiselle Red whispers to me that I am “so handsome”. I know that she hasn’t even opened her eyes just to make sure I was really that handsome but it makes my day all the same.
- A student of mine compared my 8 o’clock monday morning class to the warm croissant you grab at 6 am on the way home from a club.
Top 2 major boxes ticked:
- Picasso’s Guernica
Been there, seen that.
Piece of art that makes you proud to be French in a very good and very international exhibition:
Prenez soin de vous, Sophie Calle, Venice Biennale
In 2007 I also liked random things like:
- walking in the streets of Rome with Mademoiselle Red and looking at the people stunned by her beauty.
- turning 35.
- going to bed early to watch House, comfortably wrapped in the duvet.
- Lunch every Thursday with Don J and Geo Boun
- Not being in France for the presidential elections.
- Making a gazillion plans that will never come to life
- The Roman Autumn.
- Getting rid off clothes because they were so 2006.
- Writing this blog.
Top 4 things I am looking forward to in 2008:
- Moving to a new country in August
- France winning the European championship, with a Benzema treble during the final against a humiliated and powerless Italian team. At the end of the game, Gattuso declares: No team has ever played better. Materazzi takes his own life.
- A new pope. Let’s face it this one is boring. Even I, who live in Rome, hardly ever hear of him.
- A sex video on Youtube featuring my president and his new girlfriend, Carla Bruni. Remember when this actually happens: you read it here first.